Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gotta Keep On .....Keep On.... Keep on....Singing

So lets go back the last 24 hours:
J woke up w/ a cough yesterday morning poor thing. Well When I picked him up yesterday they told me that he didn't really eat well and that he was not in the best of moods :( So.. we get home he played outside w/ our neighbors son and D for a while while I got dinner ready. Then he comes inside and decides to pull out every pot and pan out of my cabinet. See picture By the way those pots and pans are still sitting in my living room floor :( Sad I know










So then I get J into the bath get him relaxed we sit on the couch put some cartoons on and proceed to give J his breathing treatment to help stop his nasty cough. Well at one point he got mad having to sit still and was tired of the mask so he decided to throw his sippy cup. The cup that is made of very heavy durable plastic. Well when he rared back to throw it he let go and it hit D square in the nose. It cut his nose and started bleeding :( Well we lay J down about 7:30 then we both crash... that is until about 12 when J wakes up coughing and can't stop. So we get up get his breathing machine and start on another treatment. Well we sing him songs sometimes so that he will be calm and sit in my lap. By the way he was so pitiful last night. He just kept curling up in my lap and hugging on me. I know he's sick but it was so sweet. So anyways we start singing , which i'm impressed w/how many songs we remembered at 12 in the morning.. I would sing for a while and then start to fade and then D would pick up where I would slow down and we did this for the entire breathing treatment (about 25 mins).At one point when we were running out of songs d starts singing "99 bottles of JUICE on the wall" Well the medicines sometimes make J wired so he was up and ready to play. Well D went to bed and I let J play in the living room until 2. I let him wear himself out.... So I laid him back down at 2 and he was up again at 6 coughing... Bless his heart. I gave him another treatment and some more medicine so hopefully we can get this under control before he gets worse. Stinky asthma. Anytime he gets a Lil' cough it turns into so much more. He's just so pitiful. Hopefully his day will go okay today. I told his teachers all about his problems and one of his teachers has a daughter w/ asthma and does breathing treatments so she knows exactly what to look for. D and I are pretty wired right now but I'm sure by 3 we'll be ready to crash. I ask for prayers for J and his cough and for D and I to make it through the day and night. Looking back I can't for the life of me figure out how D and I would get up all throughout the night when J was a baby. I'm sure we slept walk most of the time :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww:( I hope he gets to feeling better. If you need anything let me know!!

    Khonda

    ReplyDelete