Monday, June 21, 2010

time after time









































What has been going on in the Glass family?
Well we had L's 4 month check up Friday (18th) Appointment went great. He weighs 15.6 lbs and is 25 inches long. He is surprisingly only in the 25-50 percentile for height and 50-75 for weight. Now his head on the other hand is in the 25th percentile. Poor buddy got a little head. No wonder he has been holding his head up on his own for so long:) Just thought the kid had skillz lol.But other than that he is doing great. Passed all his tests and got his 4 shots :( He cried for a minute but then fell fast asleep. D had remembered to give him Tylenol before they left the house to meet me at the Dr. so I think that that helped. Speaking of Tylenol, we got our rebate check in the mail from all their recalls. we got 25 bucks! Hate that they had to recall all their medicines but loving my 25 dollars. What does that say about how much meds we have in our cabinet? Oh and no helmet for L! Woo-hoo!!!!

J went and stayed w/ his "memaw" all last week. Of course they had a ball! So blessed for J to have a memaw to go and spend summer fun with. I know he'll remember all these special times when he's older. J went to VBS that week. From what I heard he was pretty good and had fun. Friday night D, L and I drove down to pick him up and to see his little commencement show. That was fun let me tell you. We'll save his behavior during that for another post :) Of course D and I missed J like crazy but I know he had lots of fun and I think L enjoyed having his own time w/ mom and dad. One of the hard parts of being a parent. Having to put your own emotions aside for your children. Its so hard when they grow up and go out on their own. But I know how much better it is for him to have these experiences. As a parent, you work really hard to raise them well and for them to be able to go out on their own, so its important I think to send them out into the world to practice what you preach. Gotta let them grow up sometime :) Can't believe I just said that.

Another thing I can't believe i'm doing. I ordered a cuisianart mixer and i'm making L's baby food. We tried avacados this weekend and he didn't like them at all. LoL but he does like applesauce and prunes. Not a huge fan of bananas though.


Let's see what else.

I ordered our family pictures last Friday so I should get them in about a week. Crossing fingers they'll be in this Friday :) Now I just gotta find frames for all these, ugh! Seriously frames should be like a dollar. why are they so darn expensive? Maybe i'll just go and chop some trees down and widdle me some frames :) Yea in my spare time.. lol
J is just doing great. He is doing great developmentally with his speaking. Of course he definitely has his terrible 2 moments, but he is such a sweet happy loving kid. He loves L so much it is so sweet. he is just so terribly independent, it kills him sometimes. He wants to do so much by himself that he just gets so frustrated sometimes when he can't. very frustrating for this mom as well :)
L is really close to rolling over. He is almost there! He is wearing size 3 diapers and 6 or 6-9 month clothing. depending on brand. L is a very happy baby and smiles and laughs all the time. He still is not a huge fan of the car seat, but is getting better for sure. Most of the time he just falls asleep.
I found a double stroller I'm in love with, and I had pretty well convinced D to get it for us but then found out that it only uses their car seat and D said no to buying another car seat since we have 2 already so guess the stroller is out for now. Maybe in a little while. D is starting to work 7 days a week now for the next several months (as in 4-5) so maybe w/ that extra money we'll be able to get it :)













I hate that D is going to have to work so much,but we are beyond blessed for the overtime b/c its good money that we could definitely use right now. In this economy we're blessed for him to even have a job.I know there are so many families out there struggling right now and would give anything to even have a job at all.
Speaking of jobs, please keep D in your prayers. He's finishing up the last part of a 3 part process for a new job. Saturday he finishes up the last part. Not sure if they'll tell him right then and there or if he'll have to wait to hear. Waiting is the worst. This job would be so great for D. So much less stress, more money and he wouldn't have to work so hard.We've both been praying that if this is the right job for d and our family and where he should be, that the lord would put him w/ this company. if this is the lords plan for us, then that is where he will put him. We have a lot of life changes that we're going through right now, and this job would just be the beginning of helping us start those changes. Just please say prayers that we follow in the path that God has put for us and not in the path that we choose our self. I have such a hard time with that sometimes. I have control issues and I have a hard time stepping back and making sure I'm following gods plan and not my own.
had a great fathers day. or at least I think so. Got up to D making breakfast for us :) he also let me sleep in. (see why i thought it was a great day lol) But i had been up all night w/ L so that was my fathers day present to D :) Had a great breakfast then went to Home Depot. Then ate out lunch. On the way home the kids were passed out in the car so I dropped D and J off at the house then me and L went on to Michael's to look at picture frames. L woke up when we got there so he helped me pick out frames. then we went home and I played w/ L in his room while d watched some boring, um I mean fun movie. Then J woke up and we all played and hung out while L napped. Then D and J went and saw Toy Story 3! D said J had fun and did really great, but about half an hour into the movie J looked at d and said I want to go home and D said okay we'll go in just a minute buddy and J said okay. then about 30 mins after that he said again he wanted to go home so D said okay let's go. I think J was just tired and was ready to go home and relax. I'm glad they had fun and now we know that J might actually be able to sit through a movie :) All in all got to spend lots of family time together so I always count those as good days :)


My new obsession: Maybe one day we can get this.











2 comments:

  1. Glad Jackson had a good time! I think the plan was for Mallory to be there too but I have a hard time being away from her! She is such a mommy's baby and I know that won't last long so I better enjoy it. Thinking about letting her stay in Dixons Mills next week for a couple of days which would be a huge step for me. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics!! I heard Jackson had a really good time... Anyway, Glad things are going great and Derek had a great Father's Day!! Btw..I want the same vehicle!!

    ReplyDelete