Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Lovin'

Summer... Ahh! what a wonderful word. Picture this:
42 oz coke freeze (that I got for 99 cents)
beautiful warm weather
shade w/ nice enough breeze to make the heat comfortable
wonderful study book about god's grace
total and utter silence

This was my lunch break and it was just this wonderful! I usually do my bible study on my lunch break cause as much as I tell myself that I'll do my lesson at night it just never happens. By the time I get home, dinner, bath for j, clean house,laundry I'm just pooped! I crash on the couch and pretty much pass out. Getting up early in the morning to do my lesson just isn't going to happen. Sorry. I am so not a morning person.let's face it the more sleep I get the more appreciative everyone around me is :) So lunch time just works perfectly. Its so hard to find time for my lessons or scripture. Even finding time talking w/ God is hard. I've been just reading my bible but have found lately that I'm distracted from this and have been praying for another option to keep me motivated (i know its bad to be distracted from reading your bible but I need something to follow along w/ and keep me in check or I won't do it) I have been looking at Barnes & Noble for some sort of book to follow along but low and behold, prayer answered. At Sunday school yesterday we got our study books on GRACE and I just love it! Some of the books we do I just can't follow or don't get into but this one is Amazing! Its by Richard Blackaby. Its just a simple basic in your face book which I love. You have to be very basic w/ me and put it in simple terms and that's just what this book is. AMEN! I love seeing God answer prayers. Sorry such a long post I'm just really excited!


"For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle,because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me" 1 Cor. 15:9-10

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day!
    God gives us many things to be thankful for and HE blesses us daily. The study books sounds like a good one to use to help study the bible. Way too go!!!
    Mom/ Namaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just might have to check out that study...I have the same problem!! Hope you have a blessed week!! Love ya...

    Khonda

    ReplyDelete