Monday, June 29, 2009

Let Freedom Ring

OK lets see where to start?? things have been crazy around here. Last Thursday D and I went w/ my sister and her husband to the Sugarland concert and it was a lot of fun!! HOT but fun! Sugarland put on a great concert and had tons of energy. Crazy finding out michael jackson had died while we were there. Then Fri D and I were off so we could spend some time w/ J before he went to his Namaw's (grandma's). We took J to the river walk and he decided that he wanted to run and swim in the river yuk! Needless to say he had a ball playing in the river and lucky for us I had a change of clothes for him in the car.... I guess we have a Michael Phelps on our hands ( he he j/k) So then we met up w/ Namaw and off they went. D and I rode around town for a while looking at houses for sale, yes we want to move one day but probably not anytime soon. we just absolutely love riding around looking at prices of different houses and daydreaming... Then we went to the movies and saw The Proposal. It was funny and cute but not worth the money. We should have just waited till it came out on DVD and rented it... So we called to check on J and they were having a great time playing... Funny story. So Namaw's church was having their VBS commencement that night so J went and played on the water slide and had homemade ice cream and all kinds of goodies. Well you know how at each commencement the kids get up in front of the church and sing the songs they've learned. Well apparently J wasn't happy w/ having to seat on the seats and listen so he took off before Namaw could catch him,ran down the church aisle and stood up there w/ the other kids and danced..Man I wish we could have seen it! :) Someone was taping it so maybe we can get a copy of it. Any-who the rest of J and Namaw's weekend went well. They bottle fed calves,rode the 4-wheeler,feed cows, fed the dog lots of treats :) . I know J had a great time getting to run around the farm and I think he wore NaMaw out he he..... D and I got a lot of yard work done and a lot of house cleaning done.. not the most fun but it was definitely stuff that needed to be done. I for sure enjoyed getting to sleep in until 10:30 ;) but we missed out lil' man and are both glad he is home safe. D had the choir show at church last night. he said it went really well. I'm sad I missed it cause I love the 4Th of July show but J was sleeping. Maybe next year! Hope everyone had a great weekend and can't wait for the 4Th weekend! I get to be off again Fri yippee!

Sorry for such a long post-this is what happens when you don't have Internet at home and so you have to put a whole weekends worth of news in one post.

No comments:

Post a Comment